Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Stitches Floral Mystery

To my knowledge Stitches is the only needlework publication published in South Africa and I am proud to be associated with the magazine as a contributor.  A year ago I started a series of mystery blocks and with the publication of the next issue at the end of January we would have reached the halfway mark with six blocks down and six still to go.  The editor Sharon Calverley was also responsible for my nickname, hence the name of my blog.
 
I will share with you the pictures of the blocks so far:
Stitches Issue 32 - Block 1 Chrysanthemum
Stitches Issue 33 - Trapunto Rose

Stitches Issue 34 - Dashing Daisies

Stitches Issue 35 - Flower Power

Stitches Issue 36 - The Lily Pad

Sneak peek on my design wall as the quilt progress

The next block I will share here after publication.

 
 
 Some more info - This quilt is made up entirely with classic nine patch blocks, the wow factor lies in the different floral embellishments on the blocks.  The quilt will comprise twelve block designs in multiples of 1, 2 and 4.  Size of the finished quilt will fit a queen size bed comfortably.  Enough chatter now I need to go sew if I would like to link up on Monday to Bonnie's Mystery Linky.
 
Keep on Quilting


No comments:

Post a Comment