Saturday, January 4, 2014

Geese and then some...

Finally on track with the posts as to one a day.  So started cutting the geese from step 2 and 4 simultaneously.  As I live in South Africa there is nowhere that I could put my hands on the Easy angle and Companoin rulers as they are not being exported to this country, however I devised a plan around that and is now having them shipped to friends of mine in Tampa from where she will post them to me.
So had to take the long route and is doing the big square with four smaller square version, which is way more time consuming, lol.  So this particular step may take a day or three for me to complete.
So after spending most of my two hours sussing out quantities I did manage to cut all the large squares and press the fabric for the small squares which will have to wait their turn until tomorrow night.
Just a word on the four patches from yesterday, they were sewn up last year as leader enders while i was working on other projects.  To find out more go to the Quiltville site and see how Bonnie taught me and the rest of the world.  Try the link below otherwise go to Quiltville quips and snips, and find it under tutorials and techniques.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/leaders-enders-whys-and-hows.html
Thanks again Bonnie for the great Easy Street design as well as your wonderful patterns, tips and techniques that you share so abundantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment