Tuesday, December 3, 2019

GRAND ILLUSION PART 2 (It was option 3 for me!)

Well as we are well under way with it looks like half the blocks done for the Grand Illusion quilt, this was something else.  As I read in the Facebook group many struggled to find the right option to make these gorgeous blocks, for you that is on the verge of giving up PLEASE DONT! It will be so worth it in the end.
I started reading Bonnies description and it was lengthy due to the fact that this girl was overly generous by supplying us three options of doing these blocks as well as discussing and demonstrating each one at length and in full detail - what an amazing lady to go to these lengths for us - THANK YOU BONNIE!
Being a typical male I flipped through the instructions pages looking for the flip method and when I found it was overjoyed, not only because of the ease of construction but also bonus for free HST's.  What a bargain, now after completing clue 2, I took a look at those bonus triangles and it got me thinking, mmmm, maybe a secondary inner border, depending on Miss B's layout.
As always could not leave well enough alone after completing these units and had to play to see what possibilities are hidden a few pictures to show you what I came up with at the end of this post.
As always with the mysteries I urge you to click on the link and go explore the multitalented and multifaceted lady's website.
http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-2.html
Well that's it for now, my fingers are itching to get back to Easy Street.
Keep on Quilting
Eduard
All units in pockets of ten

Layout 1

Layout 2

Layout 3

Bonus HST'S don't we all love a freebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment